Blogs > NHRegister.com's The Batter's Box

The Batter's Box provides the latest baseball news coverage of the area's top teams, prospects and happenings from around Connecticut's diamond.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Seymour coach Bob Kelo wins 400th career game

Touch 'em all update

#ctbase -- Seymour coach Bob Kelo won his 400th career game Wednesday afternoon against Crosby in Waterbury. The Wildcats won 6-0 to improve Kelo's career record to 400-202 in his 27th season at Seymour. For Kelo, this milestone means he is not a young man anymore.

"It means I've been doing this a long time," Kelo said with a laugh. "I've had great assistant coaches over the years. I have guys that have played for me that have been sending me messages to congratulate me when the game ended, so yeah. It means alot, the relationships you make from coaching over the years."

The Wildcats have won three in a row and Kelo is glad to get this over with.

"I was relieved," Kelo said. "I was hoping this thing didn't carry on for us. I could tell the kids were pressing a little bit."

In his time at Seymour, Kelo has won one state championship in 2007 and guided the Wildcats to the title game six times. The most recent appearance was last season.

"The state title was good," Kelo said, "the times we made it to the finals. The 10 or 11 times we made it to final fours, I mean, those are always good."

And the Wildcats' skipper is hoping to get back to the championship game again this season.

"We're looking forward to that," Kelo said.

                                                                                                                             -- @NHRHenryC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home